Piano Entertainer Performances At De Luca
Cambridge’s only authentic singalong and requests Piano Bar – at De Luca
** Caronavirus Covid-19 update (From 19th July 2021):
We have decided to do the following to move forwards following the easing of restrictions on 19th July 2021:
– We still ask customers to wear face masks as they move around the building and will keep our hand sanitising stations, which we ask customers to use regularly.
– Our award-winning Piano Bar will remain in its current downstairs location, on Saturday nights only for now, as our Piano Bar Supper Club, with the much-welcome return of singing-along! Customers can book to dine and enjoy the live music at our 20:30 late-dinner sitting, a £3 music cover charge will be applied for each guest. This gives us more seated covers for the Piano Bar, and we can continue our table service, making it a much nicer, and safer, experience. Customers are asked to remain at their seats unless using the conveniences, when they are asked to use facemasks as above.
– Drinks only Piano Bar guests: Those wishing to join us just for drinks can do so after 22:00 on a first-come-first-served basis depending on the availability of tables upon arrival. Should a table not be available we will do our best to seat people at the front of the restaurant until a table at the back becomes available, meaning the music and drinks can still be enjoyed. A £3 music cover charge will be applied for each customer. **
Piano Bar Schedule 2021:
– Sat 2nd October 2021: Robin P-iano
– Sat 9th October 2021: Robin P-iano
– Sat 16th October 2021: Pauly Zarb
– Sat 23rd October 2021: Robin P-iano
– Sat 30th October 2021: Robin P-iano
Normal Piano Bar operations
** Winner Best Pub/Bar 2018 Cambridge News Food & Drink Awards **
** 2018 / 2019 awarded with a TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence **
Notes for visitors (not currently relevant due to the piano bar move to the Skylight Restaurant):
Please bear the following in mind before planning a visit to the Piano Bar:
– No reservations, first come first served, we recommend arriving before 21:00
– Those wanting to dine in the restaurant before visiting the bar, we recommend booking to dine no later than 18:00
– Groups no bigger than 8
– No party props
– Smart / casual dress code, no shorts or trainers
– We are a small bar, whilst we love the atmosphere that is created, we ask that all visitors to the bar ensure that their behaviour does not impact on the experience of others
More about the piano shows:
In 2014, De Luca turned its already popular Top Floor Cocktail Lounge into Cambridge’s first authentic Piano Bar!
We are not talking about simply having a pianist sat in the corner of the room; Piano Bars feature singer / pianists with unbelievable repertoires full of classic pop music from the 1950s to the latest chart toppers and De Luca has teamed up with International piano entertainer Robin P-iano to bring the Piano Bar concept to Cambridge on a permanent basis!
Piano Bars are popular in London and especially in countries such as USA, Norway, Holland, Germany and Switzerland and offer a truly unique entertainment experience! Guests can sit around the piano and request their favourite songs or simply relax in the couches and soak up the atmosphere whilst enjoying one of De Luca’s signature cocktails.
Robin P-iano has a repertoire of well over 1,000 songs and adds to his repertoire constantly, making sure he’s always ready for the latest hit.. It’s also as much about the audience as it is the performer so there’s always the chance to sing-a-long to your favourite tune!
The Piano Bar is open weekly on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8pm with piano shows from 9:30pm ‘til late.
This live experience really has to be seen to be believed! Come and see why Piano Bars across Europe regularly fly Robin out to perform for them! And don’t worry, when Robin isn’t in town his company repmusic has a great list of top Piano Entertainers ready to bring their own style to the Piano Bar at De Luca! De Luca and repmusic have also teamed up with Millers Music to bring a beautiful digital baby grand piano to the bar for these shows!
“The Piano guy was amazing! Such good atmosphere! We will definitely be back again and again! Thanks for a great evening!” ***** TripAdvisor Review, Sept 2018
“..group of 6 girls on a weekend away in Cambridge. We had a brilliant night!!!!” ***** TripAdvisor Review, Sept 2018
“Hidden upstairs in the top of De Luca in the centre of Cambridge is a cosy little room and cocktail bar and a piano. And then on a Friday&Saturday night it comes alive. Robins is not only a great entertainer but a fabulous singer and musician, everytime I’ve been its packed. It’s a night to escape from the world and sing your heart out.” ***** TripAdvisor Review, May 2018
“The piano bar is a super cool addition to De Luca – never underestimate how much fun you can have when the cocktails are flowing and the man tinkling the ivories will take requests ranging from Vanilla Ice to Chuck Berry”, Cambridge Edition 2015.
Want the Piano Bar experience for your own event? The De Luca Piano Bar is available for private hire Sunday – Thursday or we can bring the party to you! De Luca and repmusic can supply everything you need including a piano entertainer with their own baby grand piano shell and a cocktail barperson with a bespoke cocktail menu!
For more information on Robin Phillips and the Piano Bar concept see www.repmusic.co.uk/pianoentertainer.
For more information about Millers Music see www.millersmusic.co.uk.